Monday, November 28, 2011

What is a travel attorney

Every once in awhile someone will ask a question that catches me off guard. The email that came in last night asking "What is a travel attorney?" is one that did that just. Fortunately for me (and the reader) none of my favorite search engines let me down.

Blue Ridge Parkway Scenic byway sign
It appears that a travel attorney is someone who can help if problem strikes when you are on vacation or visiting another country. Specifically, it seems to be someone who can help you understand the legalities of another country.

A travel attorney may be able to help if you are involved in a DUI on foreign soil or possibly in cases of international law. The term may also used to describe attorneys who take cases involving cruise ship accidents, automobile accidents or maritime law. I also found a link that indicates the term travel attorney may be used to describe an aviation attorney.

The Aviation Law Prof Blog can give you a better feel for what a travel attorney may do. Searching with your favorite search engine may also yield additional answers.

Please keep in mind that I am a travel blogger who is definitely not in the legal field. This article should not be taken as being any kind of legal advice. It is only information that I gleaned while searching the internet.

If any of my blog readers can help out both myself and the reader who asked the question please let me know. The comments field is always available or you can email me from the link on the top of the page. Thanks.

1 comment: