One afternoon last week I called the Shrimp Dock to verify that they would have fresh shrimp the following morning. Once I had that confirmed we planned to leave a little before 9:00 am in order to get there when they opened at 10:00 am. We got there a few before the ‘open’ sign was turned on.
|Weighing the fresh Gulf Shrimp|
- Remove tails and shell, put shrimp in a bowl
- Add olive to lightly coat the shrimp
- Add fresh ground pepper and sea salt
- (You garlic lovers can add garlic if desired)
- Mix well
- Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper (it makes clean-up a snap)
- Put shrimp on the prepared pan in a single layer
- Bake in 450 degree oven until shrimp turn pink (just a few minutes)
- Don‘t overcook the shrimp or they will turn to rubber!
- Serve with homemade cocktail sauce and a few slices of lemon