|Traveling with Fido means a pet friendly motel!|
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
A Quaint, Family-Owned Motel: The Village Inn, Harrisonburg, Virginia
A while ago I gave you a brief history lesson regarding the first motel in the US and I stated I would tell you about an old-fashioned type family run motel. That motel is The Village Inn located in Harrisonburg, Virginia.
A few years back when we traveled back and forth between New Jersey and Tennessee that meant a 13-hour ride. Since 8 hours in a car is our limit, especially traveling with a dog, we stopped mid-way. The last few years that we made that trip the half-way point between was Harrisonburg, VA.
I am always looking for something a little different from the big chain motels and I found the perfect spot. The Village Inn caught my eye for several reasons:
* They are pet friendly and since we travel with our dog that is a biggie.
* They have specific rooms set aside for those traveling with their dog.
* It is far enough off of I-81 that you don’t hear the traffic flying by. Don’t you hate listening to the roar of trucks and cars whizzing down the interstate? Here you will have peace and quiet.
* The setting is absolutely beautiful and the scenery amazing. For you city folks who don’t get to see mountains very often this is the spot for you. The views are something to see.
* They have all the necessities including WIFI, flat screen TV (free HBO), fridge/microwave and coffee maker.
* In the summer you can enjoy the pool or the play area for the kids.
* The grounds and the rooms are well maintained. We stayed a few different times and were never disappointed.
* The staff is friendly and helpful!
* There is an on-site Restaurant
Breakfast Monday to Saturday: 7 am to 10 am
Lunch Monday to Friday: 11 am to 2 pm
Dinner Monday to Saturday: 5 pm to 8:30 pm
If the restaurant is closed and you need other source, there are many nice restaurants in Harrisonburg, just click this link for more information.
Unfortunately the photos I had personally taken of The Village Inn were on a computer that was destroyed a few years ago. But if you go to The Village Inn’s website you can see how beautiful the area is and be sure to look at the photos of the rooms and the restaurant!
Skip over the Holiday Inn and Ramada Inn, make a reservation at The Village Inn, you will love it! Check out their website here!
Virginia photo compliments of Pixabay
Dog photo belongs to AbbyG
Staff writer Abby G.